Our Ingredients - 100% Natural
Information about our 100% natural botanical oil ingredients
Discover why our Gorgeous Woman, Gorgeous Girl and ManOil8 range of skin care products work and give such fantastic results. Why would anyone use chemicals?!
We use only Mother Natures very best! We have never, and never will use toxic ingredients, petro-chemicals, fillers or parabens.
'We have proven beautiful skin is healthy skin'
Only the very best premium oils are used, sourced from reputable sources, organic, cold-pressed and Australian wherever possible.
Small batch, secret blending methods... only two people know the blending process and the proven secret recipes.
Important please note, I would never recommend that you use any plant oil individually for skincare. Oils are incredibly rich, nourishing, and restoring and can cause irritation, redness or even burning if not blended correctly with other oils. In a perfectly balanced blend, using a dozen or more plant oils, even the most sensitive skin will benefit.
Almond Oil Sweet (Australian)
- Packed full of full of vitamin E, vitamin A, monosaturated fatty acids, protein, potassium, and zinc.
- Vitamin A can help reduce acne. Because the oil easily penetrates skin, it’s great for cleaning out the dirt, oil and daily grime from your pores. This helps prevent blackheads, excess oil and acne.
- High percentage of unsaturated oleic and linoleic fatty acids protects skin against UV radiation damage and keeps skin soft and supple.
- Light, fast absorbing, anti-ageing, helps keep skin smooth, soft and wrinkle free.
Apricot Kernel Oil (Australian)
- Rich in oleic, linoleic and linolenic fatty acids, which combat oily/acne skin, inflammation and dryness, while locking in moisture.
- Linoleic acid balances oily/acne skin and strengthens the skin’s barrier function.
- Vitamin A healing, restoring, leaves skin smooth and supple.
- Vitamin E combats free-radical damage and inflammation The oil’s unsaturated fatty acids enhance elasticity by making cell membranes more flexible. Diminishes fine lines and wrinkles, anti-aging.
- Vitamin C promotes collagen production, which gives skin extra stability and suppleness. Repairs sun damaged, dry, rough skin
Argan Oil (Moroccan)
- High in oleic and linoleic fatty acids: rich moisturising and healing properties.
- High concentrations Vitamin E can relieve symptoms of eczema and psoriasis. Can also reduce the appearance of stretch marks.
- Intensely nourishing, hydrating and anti-ageing: high in phytosterols.
- The four Sterols in Argan Oil are relatively rare in their combination compared with all other vegetable oils. In fact there are no other vegetable oils with a comparable composition!
- Rich in squalene and Vitamins A,C and E. Helps heal acne and soothes itchy inflamed skin, improves skin’s appearance leaving it soft, smooth and supple.
Avocado Oil (Australian)
- Rich in Vitamins A, D and E and oleic acid.
- Deeply moisturises, penetrates deep into skin and works to protect the skin’s barrier.
- Increases collagen production.
- Soothes inflamed, damaged skin and speeds up the wound healing process.
- Contains natural steroids called sterolins which boost collagen production and diminish age spots, fine lines and wrinkles.
- Soothes sunburned skin.
- Promotes soft and supple skin. Plumps skin because avocado oil retains water in skin.
- Castor Oil ( derived from the seeds of the Castor bean plant (Ricinus communis)
- About 90% of castor oil’s fatty acid is a rare, dense and concentrated compound called Ricinoleic acid.
- Undercylenic acid helps to disinfect the skin and kill bacteria that cause breakouts and acne.
- Thoroughly, but gently cleanses the skin of dead skin cells that clog the sebaceous glands. Castor oil on your face helps to pull out impurities in the pores.
- Detoxifying and helps to break up oils on the face that clog glands and pores.
- Hydrates the skin and prevents fine lines and wrinkles
- Prevent the growth of viruses, bacteria, yeasts and moulds
- Reduces skin inflammation, itching and swelling
- Excellent skin emollient and can even helps dermatitis, which can cause severely rough, dry skin.
- Beauty secret of the Japanese Geishas.
- Rich source of Palmistic and Omega 6 Linoleic fatty acids. Also rich in numerous anti-ageing polyphenol antioxidants which combat effects free radicals.
- High in oleic acid and squalene. A deficiency of squalene can result in dry skin and premature aging, resulting in wrinkles and sagging skin.
- Contains vitamins, A, B, and E and various minerals, P, Zn, Ca, Fe, Mn, and Mg.
- Light and fast absorbing. Penetrates deeply into the lower layers of the skin and has a fabulous moisture retaining ability, leaving skin smooth and supple.
- Non-drying and non-clogging oil is an excellent emollient and moisturiser.
- Softens skin and protects from environmental pollutants.
- Helps protects from age spots and pigmentation.
- Diminishes and helps prevent against fine lines and wrinkles.
- Calming, soothing and anti-inflammatory.
Carrot Infused Oil (Infused in organic Australian sunflower oil)
- Rich in vitamins A, C, and E, also beta-carotene, and a multitude of other antioxidants. All have wonderful conditioning properties.
- Intensive skin and scalp moisturiser.
- Heals damaged skin and anti-ageing
- Nourishing, regenerating and protects skin from environment, harsh weather and pollutants.
- Soothing and calming for eczema, rashes and dermatitis.
Calendula Infused Oil (Infused in organic Australian Sunflower oil)
- Intensive moisturiser for dry, chapped, cracked skin.
- Nourishing and soothing.
- Rich in carotenoids.
- Anti-inflammatory and soothing, reduces redness.
- Excellent for irritated skin and in our baby oil.
- Traditionally used for psoriasis and dermatitis and other skin problems.
- The antiseptic and antimicrobial action of the oil help speed up healing of wounds and minor cuts, and also help relieve insect bites and acne.
- Calendula oil can significantly boost the appearance of your skin.
- Helps improve blood flow to the skin cells, provides antioxidant protection reduces the appearance of wrinkles and ages spots, and even the visibility of scars. Helps with smooth, even-toned skin.
Cedarwood Atlas Essential Oil
- Prevents infections and wounds from becoming septic. Anti-fungal and microbial.
- Anti-inflammatory, soothing and calming.
- Combats and protect skin against acne.
- Prevents clogging the pores of your skin and protects skin against harmful particles and bacteria.
- Help soothe and tone tight muscles.
Grapefruit Essential Oil
- A natural astringent which removes excess oils within the pores and on the surface of the skin.
- Helps prevent and manages acne.
- Anti-microbial and anti-inflammatory. Helps prevent infection and inflammation.
- Refines pores, tightens skin and reduces over production of sebum.
- Clears congested pores, blackheads and whiteheads.
Grapeseed Oil (France)
- Light, fast absorbing and re-balances oily skin.
- Very high in linoleic essential fatty acid and vitamin E. Acne prone skin is Linoleic Acid Deficient, grapeseed oil heals and helps prevent acne.
- Can help heal acne scars.
- Non comedogenic oil and does not clog pores.
- Skin-tightening properties. Naturally astringent oil. This results in even skin tone and tightened firmer skin.
- Moisturises all skin types. Reduces wrinkles, fine lines and fades scarring and stretch marks.
- Suitable for sensitive skin.
Hemp Seed oil (Australian)
- Cold pressed from the seeds and not the leaves of Cannabis sativa plant. The seeds do not contain ‘tetrahydrocannabinol’ (THC) which is the component that contains psychoactive properties. It is the leaves that contain THC.
- Plumps and deeply moisturises tired, dry skin: Rejuvenates the skin, creating a more youthful glow .
- Reduces the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. Anti-ageing.
- High in omega 3 and omega 6 fatty acids and is similar to skin lipids, excellent natural emollient and moisturiser.
- Anti-inflammatory, soothing and calming.
- Suitable for all skin types. Balances oily skin, combats and controls acne. Wont clog pores.
- A 2005 study published in the ‘Journal of Dermatological Treatment’ discovered that common symptoms of dermatitis including itchy skin and dryness considerably improved after using hemp seed oil for a period of 20 weeks.
Jojoba Oil (Australian)
- Is actually a liquid wax ester from the jojoba nut and is not an oil. Clear and golden in colour and liquid at room temperature.
- Has a very long shelf life and does not go rancid.
- Closely resembles sebum, the natural oil produced by the skin’s pores. Is readily accepted deep into the skin’s layers.
- Benefits every skin type and is extremely light, fast absorbing, moisturising and balancing.
- Anti-ageing, reduces and softens fine lines and wrinkles. Leaves skin supple and smooth.
- Balances oily, combination and acne type skin. Heals acne scarring and breakouts.
- Soothes sensitive skin.
- Rich in vitamin A B E D and E as well as minerals like chromium, copper, and zinc, which all nourish and protect skin from environmental stressors. Rich in omega 6 and 9.
- Provides long lasting moisture, improves skin texture and provides a long acting skin hydration effect.
- Solidified micro jojoba beads, 100% natural. Biodegradable and non polluting to environment and planet.
- Small, spherical shaped, wont scratch or irritate skin or cause micro tears.
- Suitable and gentle for every skin type.
- Excellent gentle effective exfoliant.
- Can also be used to treat facial acne as the beads are very similar to the sebum produced by the skin’s pores. Control and balance oily/ acne skin.
- Leaves skin feeling soft, smooth and supple.
Kunzea (Australia - Tasmanian)
- Kunzea Tasmanian Research by Tasmanian Aromatherapists say that Kunzea Oil is the most healing of the Australian oils.
- It is approved by the Australian Therapeutic Goods Act for certain ailments.
- Relief of muscular aches and pains.
- Helps relieve nervous tension, stress and mild anxiety.
- Temporary relief of arthritic and rheumatic pain.
- Tested and proven effective against staph, e-coli and candida.
- Subtle, soft, refreshing scent of Australian bush.
- Excellent essential oil in aftershave.
- Is also used in the Effective treatment of eczema, dermatitis and under nail infections.
- Eases pain of insect bites, recurring shingles, migraines and minor burns.
Lemon Myrtle Essential Oil (Australian)
- The antiseptic and antifungal properties make it ideal to treat a range of dermatological conditions including acne, psoriasis and eczema.
- Reduces redness and inflammation.
- Kills many acne-causing bacteria and viruses.
- Penetrates deep into the skin and helps clear it from dead cells, pollution and grime.
- Does not affect the skin’s natural protective barrier.
- Balances the sebum production of the skin. This prevent the pores from clogging and reduces oiliness, breakouts and acne.
- Refreshing, uplifting lemon aroma, which is fabulous in oil cleanser.
Macadamia Oil (Australian)
- Lightweight, fast absorbing, non greasy oil.
- Very similar to sebum, the body’s natural oil from sebaceous glands.
- A very stable oil, with a shelf life of 2 years.
- High source of palmitoleic fatty acids (omega 7), between 16 to 23%. Levels of this fatty acid in our skin reduce with age, contributing to the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles and weathered skin.
- High in oleic acid (omega 9), which moisturise, regenerate and soften skin.
- Linoleic Acid (omega 6) helps to restore and maintain the skin’s barrier function and reduces trans-epidermal water loss.
- High in plant phytosterols which have a real affinity with the skin, and are the building blocks of our cellular membrane and structure. Calming and restoring to help repair skin’s acid mantle barrier.
Olive Oil (Australian)
- Protects and moisturises skin and penetrates deeply.
- Antioxidants vitamin A and E help repair skin skin damage from sun, cigarette smoke and environmental pollutants.
- Ancients Romans, Greeks and Egyptians beauty secret, for moisturising and protecting skin and hair.
- Rich in polyphenols, oleic acid, linoleic acid and palmitic acid to promote skin elasticity and suppleness.
- Rich in squalene. According to Apostolos Pappas in a study on epidermal surface lipids published in the March–April 2009 issue of “Dermatoendocrinology.” Squalane is a natural lubricant and skin barrier that helps protect the skin and prevent moisture loss. It also has a high penetration efficiency that makes it an excellent transport system that helps the skin absorb other ingredients, Squalene is safe as a cosmetic ingredient and absorbs through skin. It is a natural component of human sebum and has emollient properties that soften and soothe skin. It adds a layer of oil on the skin that helps to slow water loss and keep skin soft and supple. Squalane is a natural part of human skin and plays an important role in the repair of damaged skin.
Patchouli Essential Oil
- Long history of use in traditional Asian medicine, especially in Malaysia, China and Japan.
- Used to help treat skin and hair problems, such as dermatitis,
- eczema, inflammation and cracked, dry or irritated skin.
- Cell rejuvenating properties, excellent in anti-ageing skincare.
- Helps reduce the appearance and lessens fine lines and wrinkles.
- Reduces appearance of scars and marks on skin.
- Strong perfume that blends well as a base note with other essential oils.
- Soothes cuts, scrapes, burns and insect bites.
Sweet Orange Oil
- Antiseptic and anti-inflammatory, ideal for skin.
- Excellent for oily and acne prone skin.
- Has been shown to increase the ability to absorb vitamin C, collagen production, and blood flow, which are essential for anti-aging.
- It decreases wrinkles and improves skin elasticity by boosting collagen production.
- The skin brightening effects of orange essential oil also help fade blemishes, acne scars and dark spots.
- Fresh, light, citrus fragrance.
- High concentration of ellagic acid which is a polyphenolic compound found in red raspberries, pomegranate seeds and other fruits. An antioxidant that helps prevent skin cancer as well as preventing UV damage and wrinkle formation. Ellagic acid also lightens and brightens the skin.
- An omega 5 fatty acid, punicic acid reduces skin inflammation and aids in skin repair. Hydrates skin and prevents moisture loss. Protects the skin from sun damage and fends off free radicals.
- High in antioxidants, the oil cleans up free radicals that lead to wrinkles and skin thickening.
- Pomegranate seed oil has a higher antioxidant activity than red wine and similar to green tea in its antioxidant levels (source).
- Benefits all skin types. Absorbs deeply into skin. Moisturises dry skin. Regenerates oily skin and does not clog pores.
- Stimulates “keratinocyte” proliferation, which promotes regeneration of the epidermis. Skin stays youthful by creating new skin cells.
- anti-inflammatory and has anti-microbial and wound healing properties.
- Hydrating and soothes and calms eczema, sunburn and psoriasis.
- Improves elasticity and reduces scarring
- Promotes collagen and elastin production
Roman Chamomile Infused Oil
- Soothing and calming for sensitive skin.It helps decrease redness, reduce inflammation and calm down irritated skin.
- Soothes Redness from rashes, acne, rosacea etc. The anti-inflammatory and skin calming properties minimize skin redness.
- Reduces Irritation
- If you have irritated skin such as rashes, chamomile essential oil gently calms it down and relieves irritation fast!
- Treats Inflammatory Skin Condition.
- Roman chamomile promotes healthy looking skin by relieving skin irritations caused by ulcers, gout, rosacea, burns, bruises, canker sores, cracked skin, and certain rashes.
- Perfect in baby oil for soothing and protecting delicate skin.
- Reduces appearance of wrinkles. Tightens facial muscles and anti-ageing.
- Tightens and contracts muscles- due to astringent properties.
- Infection fighter, antibacterial properties.
- Helps to speed up the healing process of cuts, wounds and incisions.
- Helps fading scars and other spots on the skin quickly. Because it has powerful cicatrisant properties, it increases blood circulation right below the surface of the skin — this helps with the healing of spots caused by acne, cuts or wounds, surgical incisions or skin irritations.
- Floral, rose perfume which is beautiful in skincare.
- Sandalwood Seed Oil (Australian)
- Contains Ximenynic acid (approx 35%), an extremely rare fatty acid that is a potent anti-inflammatory. Oleic acid (approx 52%)
- Ximenynic Acid Increases micro-circulation in skin. It also reduces hair loss and balances oily skin by controlling sebum production.
- Deeply moisturises and nourishes dry and ageing skin.
- Improves and protects against fine lines and wrinkles.
- Stimulates blood circulation, significantly tones and tightens skin and improves skin elasticity as it has an astringent effect.
- Micro-vascular constriction to reduce varicose veins and cellulitis and the appearance of them.
- Reduce fat deposition under skin (Adipose tissue).
- Signifigant impact on the skin ageing process due to increased microcirculation, reduced enlarged pores and distention and discolouration of the skin.
- Our supplier informs us there is huge demand for this oil from France, Europe and overseas as it is highly sought after in high quality skincare.
- Green extraction method by CO2 critical extraction.
Seabuckthorn berry oil
- Nowadays well known for healing, rejeuvanating, anti-ageing effects on skin.
- Helps to heals cuts, burns, wounds, rashes, sunburn and other types skin damage.
- Sea buckthorn has been used for millennia by many cultures. Believed to have originated from the Himalayas, but was also used by the ancient Greeks and other European cultures. It not only appears in ancient Tibetan texts, but is also mentioned in the Indian Materia Medica, early Chinese formularies, and ancient Greek mythology.
- Slows down the signs of ageing by super nourishing the tissues in your skin and body.
- It contains over 190 nutrients and phytonutrients, including vitamin C, which is 12 times higher than that of an orange.
- It also contains high amounts of vitamins, minerals, fibre, and protein, making it a powerful superfood.
- This berry also has as much vitamin E as wheat germ, three times more vitamin A than carrots, and four times more superoxide dismutase (SOD), an important enzyme that helps prevent free radical damage, than ginseng. Is the only plant source that contains omega-3, 6, 9 and 7.
- It promotes skin hydration, elasticity, and skin regeneration, and even helps treat and prevent acne.
- Sea buckthorn oil may also be beneficial for rosacea, a chronic inflammatory condition that causes small red bumps on the face.
Sunflower Oil (Australian)
- Effective Moisturising Agent, Due to its emollient properties, sunflower oil helps the skin retain its moisture.
- High in Vitamin C, an important part of collagen production and has antioxidant properties that can limit/reduce damage caused by excess sun exposure. Collagen is part supports the skin’s structure and, when it’s healthy, prevents and reduces wrinkles.
- Rich in Vitamin E, a top antioxidant. It’s also been shown to help reduce inflammation and moisturise dry or sunburned skin, lessening premature signs of ageing.
- Rich in Vitamin K. In skin care, vitamin K plays a major role in wrinkle reduction by preventing the hardening of elastin, the stretchy protein that gives healthy skin its soft, springy texture.
- Also rich in vitamins A, C and D and healthy carotenoids and waxes which form a protective barrier on the skin. Effective in the treatment of acne. Very light and non-greasy, it absorbs into the skin easily, without clogging or blocking the pores.
- Effective against acne, eczema, inflammation, redness and irritated skin.
- Contains Omega-3, Omega-6 and Omega-9. All three of these monounsaturated fatty acids (MUFAs) help prevent and reduce skin inflammation, protect against infection, and reduce signs of ageing caused by sun exposure.
Vitamin E Natural
- Helps Prevent formation of wrinkles by blocking free radical damage.
- Boosts collagen production which helps keep skin elastic.
- Supports new skin cell growth and speeds up cell regeneration.
- Prevents and repairs free radical damage. When applied topically to brown spots on the skin, it helps to lighten and smooth the rough skin by lubricating cell membranes and encouraging cell regeneration.
- provides the skin with necessary moisture as well as antioxidants for intense healing.
Watermelon Seed Oil
- Very emollient, excellent moisturiser for all skin types.
- Superb antioxidant capabilities including phenolic compounds, lycopene, and carotenoids, this oil is able to reduce the appearance of wrinkles, age spots, and blemishes.
- Antioxidants fight and protect against free radical damage and oxidising agents in the environment.
- Good for oily skin. It reduces skin oil ( sebum ) on the skin by dissolving it away. As a result, the skin is much less oily and becomes more balanced. It helps prevents breakouts, blackheads and acne.
- May also be helpful for irritated skin in conditions like eczema and psoriasis.
- Anti-ageing for dry, mature skin.
- Anti-inflammatory and suitable for sensitive skin.
- Light texture and high moisturising capabilities makes it perfect ingredient in baby oils. Unlike mineral oils (petroleum based products) does not clog pores or prevent the body from naturally eliminating toxins the skin.
- Watermelon Seed Oil is a very nourishing yet light oil with good absorption and is an extremely stable oil with a long shelf life.
Copyright All Rights Reserved by WomanOil8 Australia